PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Create and analyze production schedules and priorities by utilizing capacity planning to communicate
clear instructions to team members daily to maintain OTD. Scheduling of production following
customers’ requirements and requests issued by the sales team or for Stocking level purposes.
· Maintain and communicate metrics daily to Production Manager, Production Supervisor and Production
Flow leads to aid effective decision-making to ensure the integrity of the production schedule.
· Responsible for verifying all process operations within a manufacturing order have been reported on
accurately prior to hard closing.
· Ensure that the closing of open manufacturing order is closed in a timely manner.
· Perform routine auditing of productivity metrics on the production floor to ensure that goals are being
· Communicate to the sales team lead-time information to help ensure that they can appropriately handle customer enquiries.
· Collaborate issues such as shortages, material delays or labor constraints with Production Manager, Production Supervisors and Production Flow Leads to ensure optimum productivity and timely completion of orders.
· When confirming orders in OIS, evaluate material and labor needs to ensure costs and lead times are aligned with company standards. When cost and labor deviations arise communicate to the production manager for evaluation. · Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
· Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
· Provide training and guidance in the ERP system to ensure accurate reporting. · Interface with Production Flow Leads to establish, maintain and train operators to the schedule view in the ERP system.
· Ensure all reporting is monitored for accurate reporting in ERP system by reviewing production reporting daily. Perform investigations when reporting is found to be inaccurate.
· Help to identify manning deficiencies within the flow by analyzing data and evaluating available labor.
· Prepare and facilitate weekly open order line meetings with production staff. · Update daily open order status spreadsheet with production staff.
· Responsible for raising critical needs to the Production Manager and Production Supervisor.
· Ensure shift to shift downtime is minimized by communicating shift priorities with production supervisor daily.
· Assist in reviewing and approving PTO requests (in accordance with company policy) based off of production and scheduling needs to maintain OTD. · Undertake continuous technical training and personal development training. · Recognize safety hazards and communicate them to EHS.
· Identifying and communicating any improvements to ERP system.
· ISO standard QEHS - All Employees have the responsibility to follow our procedures and to work in a safe and healthy manner. All Employees have the authority to stop activities that threaten our Zero Harm and Right-From-Me policies
· Must have good understanding of production operations, Quality System Procedure and SOP’s, and a
good understanding of continuous improvement/LEAN methods.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to motivate others to meet demands established by the schedule.
· Understanding of established Sandvik values and strategy
· Proficient with MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning)/ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) tools.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Excel
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills