Key Performance Areas: As an R&D Process Engineer, you will work as a member of the Engineering team to develop and test new processes needed to bring new products to market, as well as serving as a subject matter expert on processes throughout the factory. You will provide technical ownership of new products, as well as serving as a process guide for new machinery. You will also be responsible for optimizing and updating current processes for cost savings as well as gains in efficiency, capability, reliability, and safety at our manufacturing unit as they transition to production.
This is a hands-on position that will interact and work with members of operations, marketing, sales, finance, and quality, as needed.
Additional Duties Include:
· Process & Product Development: Discover, develop, and test reliable, effective, and efficient materials and processes to support business needs on the cutting edge of technology and capability. Serve as the subject matter expert for all processes and products within the factory.
· Process Commercialization: Transfer new processes and technologies from the laboratory/bench/pilot scale to full production. Work with operators to understand the nuances of processes and develop standard operating procedures.
· Process support: Ensure that new machinery is capable of required processes through pre-build design qualification, as well as post-build testing and modification.
· Technical Support & Troubleshooting: Use expertise with currently employed equipment and processes to serve as a resource for technical support and troubleshooting. Identify and implement improved processes where needed. Develop, teach, and improve operators’ ability to technically troubleshoot various operations.
· Process Analysis: Gather and analyze data to characterize current approved engineering processes and quantify potential process improvements. Compile data, document work, and prepare reports for technical and non-technical audiences.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Materials Engineering and 5 years of experience working in manufacturing; or 10 years of experience in the manufacturing industry. Higher degrees and/or experience working in fine wire, extrusion, coiling, or electroplating industry may be substituted for some years of experience and/or education.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work with a diverse group
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects and prioritize them accordingly
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Strong analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Persistent and willing to find solutions